Friday, January 11, 2008

Expect The Unexpected

This is banking.

One moment you were minding your own business, doing your daily work and the next moment, you were told that branch manager from another branch will pull 3 over.

Then BAM!! You were one of them. You were told to pack up and report to your new branch the next day.

Shocked. I was definitely confused. I love my colleagues from the previous branch. We were close and we definitely bonded like family. Whenever I was demoralized, I could turn to Edmund, who was always there to guide me along. Whenever I was down, there was Sek Ling, who was like a dearest sister. And there was Nat, who never fails to make you laugh. And the backroom ppl, who were always there to cover up for your little mistakes here and there. I guess the consolation is that my 2 best buddies are going with me.

Jurong is like home, comfortable as it is, I'm now going to the real world out there. I know that this is a great opportunity for career progression. And as Edmund says it's a good path that was planned for me.

I'm reporting to Bukit Timah from now on.

I'll never forget the Jurong guys. Keep in touch.

0 Comments: